Friday, September 7, 2012

Choc Chip Cookies!

I felt like doing a little baking today, with a massive craving for something sweet and delicious. I was watching an old episode of How I Met Your Mother and Lily was sent a box of cookies from Marshall's mom. So I decided to take a quick trip to Woolies, buy a few ingredients and bake some classic choc chip cookies. I've had a few adventures in cooking, baking and especially with choc chip cookies, but I've always had trouble finding a decent recipe. I Googled "best choc chip cookies" and stumbled across a blog (a seemingly popular one) and decided to try it out. Simultaneously, reading this little blog post, made me want to write one of my own, so here it goes.

 I tried to follow the recipe as best I could but I always have problems with accuracy and patience. This is my (slightly adapted) version.

Ingredients:
  • One cup of butter (I used an olive oil based butter - it's all I had)
  • One packed cup brown sugar
  • One cup of white sugar 
  • Two eggs
  • One tsp vanilla essence
  • Two and a half cups of plain flour 
  • Half tsp salt 
  • One tsp baking powder 
  • One and a half cup of Cadbury Baking Milk Chocolate Chips (add more if possible!)
Instructions:
  • Cream the brown sugar, white sugar and butter in a bowl 
  • Add eggs, one at a time, making sure each egg is fully incorporated first
  • Add vanilla 
  • Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together, then add to the wet mixture 
  • Fold in chocolate chips
  • Place 1 tbsp balls of dough on baking tray - allow lots of room for expanding! 
  • Bake in 160 deg. Celcius oven for 9-10mins, depending on how soft/crunchy you like your cookies. Mine didn't colour so much on the top, but it did a little on the bottom.
This is a link to the original blog post/recipe. http://suziethefoodie.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/janes-subway-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

<3 S

0 comments:

Post a Comment